Saturday, September 5, 2009

1st O/N shift.

He left.
He left for his first night on road patrol. After he pulled away, I realized just how much fear I have. I know (logically) that it is irrational... but is it? I am confident that God will protect him. But then, I question my faith. Do I really, with 100% faith, trust that God is going to protect him? Hm...

Brian's new career is allowing me to do some real soul searching. It's funny how I always say "God is in control." Do I let him be in control though? I guess I'm not fully worried about him being out on the road tonight... I think I'm more worried about him being too tired to drive on his way home.

God,
Although my faith feels weak right now, please protect my husband not only tonight, but every night he is on the road. I pray for his safety in travels as he leaves home and heads to Bay City. I pray for the same when he comes home. I pray too, that you use him to spread Jesus to those who are hurting. Protect him and his FTO tonight. I hope he is able to relax and enjoy himself tonight.


....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can understand, because I am the same way with my honey. Just keep praying for him. Congrats to your hubbin by the way; not sure if I'd said that yet. Mike is now a volunteer chaplain for the Henry County Sheriffs department. He went on his first call the other night. He's not allowed to talk about it because it was a coroners case, but I could read the look in his eyes well enough to know it wasn't pretty.

Misty said...

Wow.. that is pretty hard. I worry about that all the time. I don't know what I would do if something happened to him.

About Me

My photo
Ann Arbor, MI
I have been married since August 27, 2005. I have two kitties rescued from Hurricane Katrina. I have 2 heros... my mom and Brian. They are the most amazing people to me and have helped in so many ways. I guess you could say that Aunt Jane is a hero too. She is always there to help support us and is encouraging... you can tell her and mom are sisters!! I am a criminal justice major. I have received an associates degree in occupational studies in May of 2008 and have been awarded my associates degree in Criminal Justice. Now I attend Liberty University based out of Lynchburg, VA., majoring in what else, but Criminal Justice.

A wonderful memory

A wonderful memory

Great Friends

Great Friends

Tasty Flowers

Tasty Flowers

Complete Awesomeness

Complete Awesomeness

My Love

My Love